Harbor Freight Return Policy
This is an easy way to view how easy or hard it is to make a Return!
Return Ease Factor
Here are some things that people should know about Harbor Freight’s return policy:
- You can return items without a receipt. However, if you do not have a receipt, you may be subject to a 20% restocking fee.
- You can return items for any reason. This includes items that you simply changed your mind about or that did not meet your expectations.
- You have 90 days to return items. This is a relatively generous return window, especially compared to many other retailers.
- You can return items in-store or online. If you return an item in-store, you will need to bring your receipt (if you have one) and a valid ID. If you return an item online, you will need to obtain a return authorization number from Harbor Freight customer service.
- Certain items are not eligible for return. This includes hazardous materials, special order items, and items that have been used, damaged, or modified.
One thing to keep in mind is that Harbor Freight is known for its low prices, but the quality of their tools and other products can be variable. Some people have reported that they have been able to return items without any problems, while others have had difficulty getting a refund.
Overall, Harbor Freight’s return policy is very generous. However, it is important to be aware of the restrictions, such as the restocking fee for returning items without a receipt and the fact that certain items are not eligible for return.
Return Policy Guide
Return Policy Guide
RETURNING ITEMS PURCHASED ONLINE
If for any reason you are not satisfied with an item purchased from Harbor Freight Tools, you may return the product within 90 days for a full refund or replacement, whichever you prefer. The limited warranty term is 90-days beginning on the date of purchase or order. You must provide a copy of your packing slip or order with the item listed. Shipping and handling charges are nonrefundable.
Return by Mail
If returning by mail, please obtain a Return Authorization by contacting Customer Service at 1-800-444-3353, Monday thru Sunday, 6am to 6pm (PT). Be prepared to provide your order number and a brief description of the reason for the return.
Online purchases can be returned to any Harbor Freight store for an exchange or refund within 90 days of your purchase. Just bring the item along with the order packing slip or order and we will gladly exchange or refund the purchase. If you do not have a proof of purchase, please obtain a Return Authorization by contacting Customer Service at 1-800-444-3353, Monday thru Sunday, 6am to 6pm (PT). Be prepared to provide your order number and a brief description of the reason for the return.
Things to Know:
- Merchandise may be returned within 90 days for a full refund or replacement, whichever you prefer
- Shipping and handling charges are non-refundable
- When returning an item to a store, you must provide a copy of your packing slip or order with the item listed
- Due to safety hazards, items that use flammable liquids or gases, or contain hazardous materials cannot be returned through the mail – even if the item was drained of these materials
- For safety reasons, certain products cannot be returned if opened – please call customer service at 1-844-416-9141
- Some items are subject to a re-stocking fee – see an associate for details
- When returning an item to a store, the manager has the right to refuse returns of any item, at any time, for any reason
RETURNING ITEMS PURCHASED IN STORE
If for any reason you are not satisfied with an item purchased from Harbor Freight Tools, you may return the product within 90 days for a full refund or replacement, whichever you prefer. The limited warranty term is 90-day beginning on the date of invoice. You must provide the original receipt to receive an exchange or refund.
Things to Know:
- Proof of purchase is required for all returns and exchanges
- Merchandise may be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund or exchange in the original tender – check and debit card purchases may be refunded in cash
- A valid government-issued photo ID and/or other identifying information must be presented at the time of return and a copy may be recorded and retained
- Shipping and handling charges are non-refundable
- For safety reasons, items cannot contain oil or gas in them at the time of return or exchange
- For safety reasons, certain products cannot be returned if opened – please call Customer Service at 1-844-416-9141
- Some items are subject to a re-stocking fee – please see an associate for details
- The manager has the right to refuse returns of any item, at any time, for any reason, regardless of receipt
- For your convenience, you do not have to exchange or return the item to the store from which it was originally purchased
- We maintain a database of consumer activity and other information collected in connection with a purchase or a return, which we use to authorize returns and may share with third parties that provide fraud prevention services
A 20% re-stocking fee may apply to an item being returned. Items with a 20% re-stocking fee are subject to change at any time. See an associate for details or call Customer Service at 1-800-444-3353.
The re-stocking fee will be waived if any of these conditions are met:
RETURNING PUMPS, SPRAYERS, AND DRAIN CLEANERS
For safety reasons, certain pumps, sprayers, and drain cleaners cannot be returned to the store if opened. Check this list to see if your product SKU is listed.
If the product SKU is on the above list and it has been opened, follow the steps below:
Returning Pumps, Sprayers, or Drain Cleaners Within 90 Days of Original Purchase
Filing a Claim on Pumps, Sprayers, or Drain Cleaners Beyond 90 Days of Original Purchase
Did you purchase an Extended Service Protection (ESP) Plan with your Pump, Sprayer, or Drain Cleaner? If so, you can file a claim if it has been more than 90 days since the original purchase AND your product fails for a covered reason.
All fields must be filled in correctly on the forms or we may be unable to fulfill your request.
If it has been longer than 90 days since your purchase and you did not purchase an Extended Purchase Plan, we regret we’re unable to accept your return.
Does Harbor Freight Use a Return Verification system?
Yes, Harbor Freight uses a return verification system called Verifi to help prevent fraud and abuse. Verifi is a third-party service that tracks customer purchase and return history. When you return an item to Harbor Freight, they will check your purchase history with Verifi to verify that you are authorized to make the return.
Verifi uses a variety of data points to verify customer identity and purchase history, including:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Purchase date
- Item purchased
- Return date
- Reason for return
Harbor Freight uses Verifi information to make decisions about whether to approve or deny returns. For example, if Verifi shows that you have returned a large number of items in the past, Harbor Freight may be more likely to deny your return.
Verifi helps Harbor Freight to prevent fraud and abuse in a number of ways. For example, it can help to identify customers who are trying to return stolen items or who are abusing the return policy by returning items that they have used or damaged.
Verifi also helps Harbor Freight to improve the customer experience. By understanding customer purchase and return history, Harbor Freight can better understand customer needs and preferences. This information can be used to improve product selection, pricing, and promotions.
Overall, Verifi is a valuable tool that helps Harbor Freight to protect itself from fraud and abuse and to improve the customer experience.
BATTERY RECYCLING PROGRAM
Hand Tool Lifetime Warranty
We guarantee our Hand Tools to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the life of the product. Limitations apply. Harbor Freight Tools will replace any hand tool that fails to properly work during the lifetime of the original purchaser. In the event an identical item is not available as a replacement: Harbor Freight Tools reserves the right to substitute a substantially similar item in its place. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights that vary from state to state.
Limited 90-Day Warranty
Harbor Freight Tools makes every effort to assure that its products meet high quality and durability standards, and warrants to the original purchaser that this product is free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period of 90 days beginning on the date of purchase or order.
This warranty does not apply to damage due directly or indirectly, to misuse, abuse, negligence or accidents, repairs or alterations outside our facilities, criminal activity, improper installation, normal wear and tear, or to lack of maintenance. We shall in no event be liable for death, injuries to persons or property, or for incidental and contingent, special or consequential damages arising from the use of our product.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation of exclusion may not apply to you. THIS WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS.
To take advantage of this warranty, the product or part must be returned to us with transportation charges prepaid. Proof of purchase (e.g. in-store receipt or packing slip/invoice), date and an explanation of the complaint must accompany the merchandise.
If our inspection verifies the defect, we will replace the product at our election or we may elect to refund the purchase price if we cannot readily and quickly provide you with a replacement. We will return repaired products at our expense, but if we determine there is no defect, or that the defect resulted from causes not within the scope of our warranty, then you must bear the cost of returning the product.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.