Ace Hardware Return Policy
Learn the Ace Hardware return policy before making a purchase to avoid surprises. Although returns are accepted, the policy is stricter than other stores’ return policies, and there are fees and restrictions to keep in mind. Find out the return deadline, how returns work at Ace Hardware, and whether you can return items without a receipt.
Easy Returns 30 Day Ace Hardware Return.
What is Ace Hardware return policy?
Ace Hardware has a strict return policy. They accept returns within 30 days of purchase without a receipt but with a valid ID. Some items may be subject to restocking fees and are only eligible for exchange or store credit. Ace Hardware does not cover the cost of return shipping for online purchases. It is best to check the specific store for details on their return policy as policies may vary by location.
Where to Return
We recommend that you make returns of online purchases to an Ace retail store near you that can issue you a refund (less applicable shipping, handling, and other charges). If you do not have an Ace retail store near you or if you need alternative return instructions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Customer Care at 888-827-4223
Can you do a return at any Ace Hardware?
Yes, you can return items at any Ace Hardware store. However, the return policy may vary from store to store, so it’s best to check with the specific location for their return policy and procedures.
If you wish to return a delivered or assembled Item
- Delivered or Assembled items should be returned to the same local Ace store from which it was delivered or assembled.
- Your local Ace store may charge a re-stocking fee of 15%, minimum of $20, for an item that has been assembled and returned but is not damaged or defective.
- If you received the proper item that was not damaged or defective, you may be charged a $15 pickup fee. You will not be reimbursed for the original delivery fee, if applicable.
- If you wish to return a delivered or assembled Item that Ace incorrectly fulfilled (for example, the wrong color, model or item), or if the item is damaged or defective, return the item(s) to the same store from which it was delivered or assembled.
If you do not return the item to an Ace retail store near you, the cost of shipping the item back to Ace will be paid by you unless you received the incorrect item or the item you received was damaged or defective. You will receive a refund of the purchase price and your delivery and assembly fee, as applicable. Your refund will be issued in the original form of payment. If Ace Rewards were used to pay for your purchase, the Reward value or coupon amount is forfeited upon the return of the product. We reserve the right to accept returns unless suspected fraud or abuse.
Does Ace take returns without receipt?
Yes, Ace Hardware may accept returns without a receipt, but their policy allows for returns with a receipt to be processed more easily and may result in a more favorable outcome, such as a full refund. It is best to check with a local Ace Hardware store for their specific policy on returns without a receipt.
How to Return:
You may return most items within 30 days from the original purchase date as long as the item is unused, in like-new condition, and in the original packaging. In each case, you must provide all paperwork, including product instructions or information and your packing slip/receipt, and any parts and accessories. You should also bring a valid photo ID. If it is 30 days from your original purchase date, please contact the manufacturer directly.
30 Day Ace Hardware Return Policy does not include Gift Cards, Magnolia Home Paint or gas-powered outdoor equipment. If you return merchandise that was purchased in whole or in part with one or more Rewards, the Reward(s) will be forfeited.
- Gift Cards cannot be returned for any reason.
- Because each Magnolia Home Paint product is made to order, undamaged paint products are non-refundable. Magnolia Home Paint products purchased on acehardware.com cannot be returned to Ace Hardware for any reason. If your Magnolia Home Paint product arrives damaged or is the wrong color/item, please contact Customer Care at 888-827-4223.
- Gas-Powered Outdoor Equipment (such as tillers, edgers, mowers, string trimmers, blowers, tractors, generators, chainsaws, snow blowers, as well as all other gas powered equipment) may be returned within 30 days of the date of purchase, with original receipt, provided that it is unused, in like-new condition and in its original packaging. Gas-Powered Outdoor Equipment cannot be returned once gas or oil has been put in it, even if the equipment has been drained of these materials. If you put gas or oil in the equipment you will need to contact the manufacturer regarding any product issues. The manufacturer will handle your claim in accordance with the manufacturer’s policies. Authorized service center information can be found in the owner’s manual or contact Customer Service at 1-866-290-5334 to obtain location information for service centers. Note that appropriate maintenance and use of your equipment is required to ensure manufacturer’s specified warranty is not voided.
- Clearance items are final sale.
- Hazardous materials and products that use hazardous materials, such as flammable liquids or gasses may only be returned to your local Ace store.