Amazon Return Policy
You can return most items purchased at an Amazon Physical store for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. In addition, eligible items are purchased on Amazon.
A simple view of Amazon's return policy. Amazon.com and most sellers on Amazon.com offer returns for items within 30 days of receipt of shipment.
How To Return Amazon Products
- Go to Your Orders to display your recent orders. To return a gift, see Return a Gift.
- Choose the order and select Return or Replace Items.
- Select the item you want to return, and select an option from the Reason for return menu.
- Choose how to process your return. If applicable, select to issue a refund or replacement.
For items sold from an Amazon seller, you’ll see Submit return request. The Amazon seller reviews return requests before issuing a refund or replacement. If you don’t receive a response within two business days, you can submit an A-to-z Guarantee claim. For more information, see About A-to-z Guarantee.
- Select your preferred return method.
- Print your return label and return authorization.
Tip: Each return label is assigned to a specific return. To make sure that you receive the correct refund, don’t include items from multiple orders or shipments in the same box.
- Add your return label (if applicable) and package your items for return. Pack your item securely, following the instructions sent to you when you requested your return from the Returns Center.
You can view the status of a return or a refund in Your Orders by selecting View Return/Refund Status next to the relevant order.
For a label-free, box-free return, initiate the return through Your Orders. If you selected a label-free, box-free return location, you don’t have to package your item in a shipping box. After completing the steps in the returns process, you’ll receive a QR code. Bring the item you want to return and the digital QR code to the drop-off location.
Note: Before returning items on which you’ve saved personal information, such as laptops, cameras, or other electronic devices, erase this information completely.
Amazon.com Return Policy
Items shipped from Amazon.com, including Amazon Warehouse, can be returned within 30 days of receipt of shipment in most cases. Some products have different policies or requirements associated with them.
Amazon Alexa Voice Shopping
Non-digital products purchased using Alexa are eligible for free returns. To return a product purchased using Alexa, process your return as normal in the Returns Center. We’ll automatically refund you any shipping charges applied to the return. You should see the shipping refund within 7 days of receiving your product refund.
In addition, if you accidentally purchase a song or album from our Digital Music Store using Alexa, that purchase is eligible for return and refund if we receive your request within 7 days of the date of purchase. To request a refund, contact customer service.
Amazon Seller Return Policy
When you order from a seller that fulfills and ships its inventory (also called a third-party seller), your return is sent back to the seller instead of Amazon.com. While most sellers offer a returns policy equivalent to Amazon.com’s, some seller returns policies may vary. You can view the seller’s return policy before you purchase an item by viewing the Returns and Refunds Policy section of the seller profile page. To view the seller’s return policy, you can select your order in the Returns Center once you’ve ordered.
Third-party sellers must provide a return address within the United States, provide a prepaid return label, or offer a full refund without requesting the item be returned. If a seller does not offer these methods to return your items, you may file an A-to-z Guarantee claim to seek help with your return.
If you are sending the item within the United States and the order is valued at $100 or more, insure the shipment for the value of the merchandise and ship your return with a signature shipping service. Items valued over $35 must be returned to the seller with a trackable shipping service. For items below $35, we suggest a USPS delivery confirmation service. If a package doesn’t arrive and you don’t use a trackable method to return it or if you refuse the shipment as a method of return, we may not be able to cover you under the A-to-z Guarantee.
Note: If the seller’s listing is eligible for Amazon Prime, it will be subject to the same return policies as items fulfilled by Amazon.com outlined on this page.
- Amazon-branded devices such as Kindle e-readers, Fire tablets, Amazon Fire TV devices, and Echo devices and their accompanying Amazon-branded accessories purchased from Amazon.com can be returned within 30 days of receipt of shipment as long as they remain in the same condition as the date of purchase.
- All Amazon-branded devices and accessories that are returned and for which a refund or replacement is given will become the property of Amazon upon receipt.
- For more information about returning Amazon devices and accessories, including instructions for returning, please see the Amazon Device Return FAQs.
Amazon Grocery Items
- Grocery items (including Amazon Fresh and Prime Pantry items) and wine are not returnable to Amazon but may be refunded or replaced.
- See About Spilled or Damaged Amazon Fresh Items for information on requesting a refund.
- Products sold by Handmade Makers are subject to the standard A-to-z Guarantee policies for Amazon. The exception is items purchased with optional customization options other than size and color. See Customized Products for additional details.
- Amazon Photos printed products are not returnable to Amazon but may be refunded or replaced.
- Products on Amazon Renewed are backed by the Amazon Renewed Guarantee where specifically mentioned on the product detail page. With this guarantee, you are eligible for a replacement or refund within 90 days of receiving the product if it does not work as expected.
- Amazon Renewed products can be returned within 90 days of receipt of shipment, and qualify for free return shipping. If your return is not the result of an Amazon error or is defective, Amazon will not refund the original shipping fees.
- Amazon Renewed products sold by third-party sellers, follow the standard 30-day Amazon return policy.
Jewelry and Watches
- Jewelry and watch items with a value of $35 or more must be returned using a trackable shipping method.
- All product packaging (boxes, manuals, warranty cards, etc.) and certificates of authenticity, grading, and appraisal must be returned with the item.
- Any items returned without original documentation will be rejected.
- Items that have been resized, damaged, or otherwise altered after delivery won’t be accepted for return.
- Pet food and similar products are not returnable to Amazon, but may be refundable.
Pre-Paid Phone or Game Cards
- Pay As You Go (or prepaid) phone cards or prepaid game cards (World of Warcraft, Xbox 360 Live, Wii Points, etc.) are not returnable to Amazon.
Software and Video Games
- Software and video games can be returned for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. Returned software or video games that are activated, used, or missing parts will incur up to a 100% restocking fee.
- Returns for televisions shipped without Enhanced Delivery should be in new and unopened condition.
- To return a television shipped with Enhanced Delivery, the item should be in like-new condition. When the carrier comes to pick up the television, they bring their own packaging materials. For more information on Enhanced Delivery, see About Free Enhanced Delivery.