Dell Return Policy
A simple view of Dell's return policy. You can return products purchased online by mail or at a nearby Dell store.
Any product returned to Dell without prior authorization from Dell will be considered an unauthorized return, and you will not receive a refund or credit for the product and Dell will not ship the product back to you.
You Have a 30-Day Return Period For Certain Products and Accessories:Unless you have a separate agreement with Dell.
How Do I Return my order to Dell?
First, Go To Dell’s Online Returns – You can only return the product if you bought it directly from Dell within the timeframe.
1. Enter the order number on your Online Order Support page, from the “Action Menu” click on Return order.
- Choose between the pre-paid return options below:
- Drop off to a carrier store near you (Print return label sent to you by email) or
- Have It Picked up by a carrier.
Once you ship your order back to Dell
You can follow the status of your Return on your Online Order Status page by searching with your Dell Order number or Dell Purchase ID and click View Return Details from the “Action Menu”.
Please be advised that it may take up to 10-15 business days from the date the order is received back at Dell for you to get the money credited back to the original method of payment.
NOTE: You MUST follow these steps when returning a product:
- Ship the product to Dell. Please note that all approved returns must be received by Dell within 30 days of the date that Dell issues the return authorization and instructions.
- Ship back all products you are seeking to return to Dell and for which you received a CRA number. For partial returns, your refund or credit may be less than the invoice or individual component price due to bundled or promotional pricing or any unadvertised discounts or concessions.
- Return the products in their original packaging, in as-new condition, along with any media, documentation and any other items that were included in your original shipment.
- For customers returning a TV, the TV must be returned in the original packaging it was received in (including box and protective cushioning). If you do not have the original packaging, you must provide separate packaging.
- For commercial customers, you must ship the products at your expense, and make sure the shipment is insured, or accept the risk of loss or damage during shipment.
Upon receipt of your return, Dell will issue a credit or refund of the purchase price paid, which may be reduced by the amount of shipping and handling fees and any applicable restocking fees subject to this policy.
What is Dell Outlet?
Dell Outlet is new, refurbished, scratch & dent, and Overstock that has the Same-As-New Warranty with a better return policy.
Dell Outlet Return Policy
Free shipping & easy returns from Dell’s
Dell’s standard return policy still apply, and certain products are not eligible for return.
Ship it for free and if you don’t love it, return it.
Buy Dell Outlet PCs, electronics or accessories now and get free 3- to 5-day ground shipping. It’s easy, with no minimum purchase required. And if you decide something isn’t for you, just ship it back within 30 days of your invoice date for a full refund, including free return shipping. Dell will even waive the restocking fee.* Software not eligible for return.
Enjoy free, 3- to 5-day ground
shipping on everything at
Dell.com with no minimum purchase.
Send it back within 30 days of your invoice
date for a full refund, including free return
shipping. Dell will even waive the restocking fee.*
Easy returns: Exceptions to Dell’s standard return policy still apply, and certain products are not eligible for return at any time. See dell.com/returnspolicy.
Exceptions to Dell’s 30-Day Return Period:
• Software may not be returned at any time, unless the software being returned is:
2. Media-based software that is unopened and still in its sealed package or, if delivered electronically, software that you have not accepted by clicking to agree to applicable terms.
• Additional products not eligible for return at any time:
1. Dell EMC-branded products
2. Dell Wyse™ and Wyse-branded products
3. Non-Dell-branded enterprise hardware and software products
4. Customized products
• Unless you have specifically agreed otherwise in your written agreement with Dell, there is no right of return for software purchased under any type of volume license arrangement.
What are Dell’s restocking fees?
Restocking Fees: Unless the product is defective or the return is a direct result of a Dell error, Dell may charge a restocking fee of 15% of the purchase price paid less shipping and handling, plus any applicable sales tax, which would be applied through a total reduced refund or credit.
Holiday Extended Returns
Full refunds, plus free return shipping, on purchases made 11/1/2020 to 12/25/2020.
Extended Returns: Extended returns on purchases made 11/1/2020 to 12/25/2020, return deadline is 1/15/2021 or 30-days from invoice date, whichever is later. Exceptions to Dell’s standard return policy still apply, and certain products are not eligible for return at any time. Television returns are subject to restocking fees. See dell.com/returns