Dell Return Policy
A simple view of Dell's return policy. You can return products purchased online by mail or at a nearby Dell store.
Any product returned to Dell without prior authorization from Dell will be considered an unauthorized return, and you will not receive a refund or credit for the product and Dell will not ship the product back to you.
Return Policy Guide
Return Policy Guide
You Have a 30-Day Return Period For Certain Products and Accessories:Unless you have a separate agreement with Dell.
How Do I Return my order to Dell?
First, Go To Dell’s Online Returns – You can only return the product if you bought it directly from Dell within the timeframe.
1. Enter the order number on your Online Order Support page, from the “Action Menu” click on Return order.
- Choose between the pre-paid return options below:
- Drop off to a carrier store near you (Print return label sent to you by email) or
- Have It Picked up by a carrier.
Once you ship your order back to Dell
You can follow the status of your Return on your Online Order Status page by searching with your Dell Order number or Dell Purchase ID and click View Return Details from the “Action Menu”.
Please be advised that it may take up to 10-15 business days from the date the order is received back at Dell for you to get the money credited back to the original method of payment.
NOTE: You MUST follow these steps when returning a product:
- Ship the product to Dell. Please note that all approved returns must be received by Dell within 30 days of the date that Dell issues the return authorization and instructions.
- Ship back all products you are seeking to return to Dell and for which you received a CRA number. For partial returns, your refund or credit may be less than the invoice or individual component price due to bundled or promotional pricing or any unadvertised discounts or concessions.
- Return the products in their original packaging, in as-new condition, along with any media, documentation and any other items that were included in your original shipment.
- For customers returning a TV, the TV must be returned in the original packaging it was received in (including box and protective cushioning). If you do not have the original packaging, you must provide separate packaging.
- For commercial customers, you must ship the products at your expense, and make sure the shipment is insured, or accept the risk of loss or damage during shipment.
Upon receipt of your return, Dell will issue a credit or refund of the purchase price paid, which may be reduced by the amount of shipping and handling fees and any applicable restocking fees subject to this policy.
What is Dell Outlet?
Dell Outlet is new, refurbished, scratch & dent, and Overstock that has the Same-As-New Warranty with a better return policy.
Dell Outlet Return Policy
Free shipping & easy returns from Dell’s
Dell’s standard return policy still apply, and certain products are not eligible for return.
Ship it for free and if you don’t love it, return it.
Buy Dell Outlet PCs, electronics or accessories now and get free 3- to 5-day ground shipping. It’s easy, with no minimum purchase required. And if you decide something isn’t for you, just ship it back within 30 days of your invoice date for a full refund, including free return shipping. Dell will even waive the restocking fee.* Software not eligible for return.
Enjoy free, 3- to 5-day ground
shipping on everything at
Dell.com with no minimum purchase.
Send it back within 30 days of your invoice
date for a full refund, including free return
shipping. Dell will even waive the restocking fee.*
Easy returns: Exceptions to Dell’s standard return policy still apply, and certain products are not eligible for return at any time. See dell.com/returnspolicy.
Exceptions to Dell’s 30-Day Return Period:
• Software may not be returned at any time, unless the software being returned is:
2. Media-based software that is unopened and still in its sealed package or, if delivered electronically, software that you have not accepted by clicking to agree to applicable terms.
• Additional products not eligible for return at any time:
1. Dell EMC-branded products
2. Dell Wyse™ and Wyse-branded products
3. Non-Dell-branded enterprise hardware and software products
4. Customized products
• Unless you have specifically agreed otherwise in your written agreement with Dell, there is no right of return for software purchased under any type of volume license arrangement.
What are Dell’s restocking fees?
- For returns initiated within the time period specified in this policy, Dell will provide return shipping labels at no cost to you and not charge a re-stocking fee if:
- the product you are returning is defective.
- you have to return a product because Dell made an error.
- you are a consumer who purchased for personal use.
- For all other permitted returns, Dell may charge a re-stocking fee of 15% of the actual price you paid for the product. That price does not include shipping and handling or sales tax. Typically, we deduct any re-stocking fee from the amount of your refund or credit.
What are Dell’s Promotional Items?
Refunds or credits for a product you purchased in a bundle or during a promotion can get a little complicated. Depending on the promotion, Dell may deduct the value of the discount, promotional item or redeemed card from any refund or credit you receive for the return of the purchased item. Examples of these kinds of discounts and promotions include:
- “Buy a computer and get a free printer.”
- If you return the computer but keep the printer, Dell may reduce your refund or credit by the value of the printer.
- “Buy a monitor and get a gift card.”
- If you return the monitor but already spent the money on the gift card, Dell may reduce your refund or credit by the value of the gift card.
- Dell Rewards points are also returned, with a few exceptions:
- If Dell Rewards were used as a payment type for a purchase you’re returning, then your Dell Rewards account will be credited the amount of Dell Rewards you used for your returned purchase.
- If Dell Rewards were awarded for a purchase that you’re returning, then Dell will deduct the rewards amount you received for the product you are returning from your Dell Rewards account balance.
After you get a credit return authorization (CRA) number from Dell:
All products should be in as-new condition. In particular, review “A note about operating systems” at the end of this policy.
- Back up any data you might have stored on your product and then delete it.
- Remove all confidential, proprietary, and personal information.
- Also remove any media such as flash drives, CDs, or PC cards and any cables or port devices that did not come with the product you are returning.
- Ship all products that you are returning to Dell, and for which you received a CRA number, within 30 days of the date that Dell authorizes your return.
- Return all products, along with all media, documentation, and other items that Dell included in your original shipment, in their original packaging.
- If you are returning a TV, you must return it in the original packaging. This includes the box and protective cushioning. If you do not have the original packaging, you must provide your own packaging that is equal to or better than the structural and cushion protection of the original packaging.
- If you are a commercial customer, you must ship the products at your expense. If you do not insure the shipment, you accept the risk of loss or damage during shipment.
- Remember that for partial returns, your refund or credit may be less than the invoice or individual component price due to bundled or promotional pricing or any unadvertised discounts or concessions.
- Also remember that Dell is not responsible for any confidential, proprietary, or personal information you leave on a returned product. We also are not responsible for lost or corrupted data, or for any damaged or lost removable media or devices you might include with your return.
Holiday Extended Returns
Full refunds, plus free return shipping, on purchases made 11/1/2020 to 12/25/2020.
Extended Returns: Extended returns on purchases made 11/1/2020 to 12/25/2020, return deadline is 1/15/2021 or 30-days from invoice date, whichever is later. Exceptions to Dell’s standard return policy still apply, and certain products are not eligible for return at any time. Television returns are subject to restocking fees. See dell.com/returns