DSW Return Policy
This is an easy way to view how easy or hard it is to make a Return!
Return Ease Factor
Return Policy Guide
Return Policy Guide
A simple view of DSW return policy. You can return products purchased online by mail or at a DSW store.
Not totally satisfied with your purchase? We want to make it right. That’s why returns and exchanges at DSW are easy—whether you return merchandise back to dsw.com or to a DSW store physically located in the US
How Do I Return Merchandise Purchased From A DSW Canada Store Or www.dsw.ca?
DSW is not able to accept returns or exchanges of merchandise purchased from any DSW Canada store or www.dsw.ca. If you need to return or exchange merchandise purchased from a DSW Canada Store or www.dsw.ca, please visit www.dsw.ca or contact the DSW Canada store where you made your purchase for information and instructions about returns and exchanges.
Vincecamuto.com Returns And Exchanges
DSW stores accept requests for returns and exchanges for items purchased from vincecamuto.com in accordance with its return policy.
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
DSW VIP STATUS
DSW VIP CLUB
DSW VIP GOLD
DSW VIP ELITE
|ONLINE RETURNS||$8.50 Shipping Fee||$8.50 Shipping Fee||FREE||FREE|
|RETURN BY||90 days||90 days||90 days||365 days|
Other than merchandise marked as FINAL SALE, you may return merchandise at a U.S. DSW store or at dsw.com for any reason within 90 days of the original purchase date to receive a full refund via your original form of payment (including PayPal).* In order to receive a refund to your original form of payment, returned merchandise must be unworn, in the original packaging and together with the original sales receipt or shipping invoice. Additional terms and conditions applicable to returns and exchanges of merchandise include:
90 days of the DSW original purchase date.
- Returns made after 90 days with an original sales receipt or shipping invoice will be issued as a merchandise credit regardless of original form of tender.*
60 days with the original DSW sales receipt.
- Exchanges made within 60 days with original sales receipt or shipping invoice will be issued as a credit on the original form of payment.
Exchanges made after 60 days will be issued on a merchandise credit for any difference owed.
DSW Merchandise received as a gift.
- Merchandise received as a gift may be returned or exchanged. If returned or exchanged at dsw.com, any funds credited will be automatically issued on the original form of tender. If returned or exchanged in-store, any funds credited will be issued on a merchandise credit.
- If paid with PayPal, exchanges should be made in-store, if possible. shoephoria! center representatives are not authorized to log into customer PayPal accounts to make a new purchase.
- If a combination of PayPal and a gift card were used to make a purchase, the entire refund will be issued on a gift card.
- If you return merchandise purchased with any DSW Rewards or offers, you will be refunded only the final purchase price. Rewards and offers will not be reissued or recredited, except for exchanges made on the same day of purchase.
- Merchandise purchased at dsw.com can be returned to a DSW store, but merchandise purchased at a DSW store cannot be returned to dsw.com.
DSW Returns made without the original sales receipt.
- Returns made without the original sales receipt or shipping invoice will be issued on a merchandise credit equal to the current selling price of the merchandise. DSW may limit the number of returns permitted without an original sales receipt or shipping invoice. Valid ID (driver’s license, passport, military ID, or state-issued photo ID card) is required for all returns without an original sales receipt or shipping invoice.
- Merchandise purchased as part of a Buy One Get One “BOGO” promotion are eligible for return or exchange. Returns or exchanges of BOGO merchandise will be refunded or exchanged on a pro-rated basis consistent with how the BOGO discount was applied at the time of purchase.
- Certain merchandise at DSW is marked as “FINAL SALE.” Merchandise marked as FINAL SALE may not be returned or exchanged for any reason.
- Fragrances, dry shampoos, nail polish, facial care products, products containing alcohol, rechargeable batteries, and USB rechargeable devices (“Specialty Products”) are FINAL SALE and may not be returned or exchanged once opened or the original packaging or seal has been broken or removed.
- Specialty Products that are unopened in their original packaging with seal in-tact may be returned to any DSW store.
- Specialty Products cannot be returned to dsw.com.
- DSW reserves the right to limit returns or exchanges regardless of receipt.
- DSW VIP Elite members may return merchandise up to 365 days of the original purchase date (for all purchases made after April 30, 2018).
Final Sale items cannot be returned or exchanged.
Returns And Exchanges To dsw.com
- Start your return or exchange here and enter your order number and email.
- Indicate which item you would like to return or exchange in the online portal and select the reason.
- Use a prepaid shipping label* and drop off at any FedEx location.
- If your order qualified for free returns, you can use this label to mail your items back at no additional cost.
- If your order did not qualify for free returns you can still use this label to mail your item back. A $8.50 fee will be deducted from your refund to cover shipping costs.
- An email with tracking information will be sent to you after you drop your return or exchange off at FedEx.
Please allow 7-10 business days to process your return and credit any funds on your original form of payment.
DSW Exchange In The Online Portal.
If you choose to exchange your item in the online portal, your exchanged item will be shipped to you once DSW has confirmation that your exchange has been dropped off at FedEx. You won’t be charged shipping and you will receive confirmation with tracking information when your new item is shipped out.
Your exchanged merchandise will be shipped to you once DSW is notified that FedEx has received your return package. If the exchanged merchandise is not returned unworn, in the original packaging, and together with the original sales receipt or shipping invoice, then you will be charged for both the original purchase and the exchange.
Exchanges can only be processed if you wish to purchase the same item in a different size or color. If you would like to exchange for a different item, please follow the returns process and place a new order.
*Prepaid label accepted in most areas
Does DWS Use A Return Verification System?
Yes, DSW Return Policy does use a Return Verification system. This system helps to ensure that returns are processed accurately and fairly.
The Return Verification system uses a variety of factors to verify returns, including:
- Proof of purchase: DSW may require customers to provide proof of purchase, such as a receipt, packing slip, or order confirmation email, in order to process a return.
- Item condition: DSW only accepts returns for items that are in original, saleable condition with all original tags attached.
- Item eligibility: DSW has a list of items that are not eligible for return, such as gift cards, food items, and certain types of furniture and electronics.
If a customer returns an item that does not meet DSW’s return requirements, the Return Verification system may flag the return for further review. In some cases, DSW may refuse to process the return or may issue a partial refund.
The Return Verification system is designed to protect both customers and the company. It helps to ensure that customers are only able to return items that they are entitled to return, and it helps to prevent the company from being defrauded.
Here are some specific examples of how the Return Verification system may be used:
- If a customer returns an item without a receipt, the system may use the customer’s credit card information to verify the purchase.
- If a customer returns an item that is damaged or missing tags, the system may flag the return for further review.
- If a customer returns an item that is not eligible for return, the system may automatically deny the return.
Overall, the Return Verification system is a valuable tool that helps to ensure that DSW’s return policy is being enforced fairly and accurately.
It is important to note that the Return Verification system is not always perfect. There have been reports of customers having their returns denied even when they met all of the requirements. However, the system is generally effective and helps to prevent fraud and abuse.
Society Store Credit or Gift Cards.
We are temporarily unable to process Sole Society store credit or gift cards. If you need immediate assistance, please contact customer service at 1.866.379.7463 or [email protected]