Kohls Return Policy
This is an easy way to view how easy or hard it is to make a Return!
Return Ease Factor
Return Policy Guide
Return Policy Guide
Simple View Of Kohls’s Return Policy
The Kohls Return Policy allows you to return most merchandise purchased in-store and at Kohls.com for up to 180 days after the original purchase date, with or without receipt, except for the following items, which are subject to the noted restrictions and require either a valid Kohl’s receipt or Kohl’s account look-up:
When returning merchandise purchased on Kohls.com, any shipping costs paid on the order are not refunded. A refund will only be applied to the amount paid for the merchandise. Any amount paid for shipping on your order will not be refunded.
Is Kohls.com Returns Strict?
Kohls.com has a relatively generous return policy, but it is not strict. Customers can return most items purchased on Kohls.com within 180 days of purchase, with or without a receipt. However, there are some restrictions on what items can be returned and the condition in which they must be returned.
What Cannot Be Returned?
For example, the following items cannot be returned:
- Personalized items
- Gift cards
- Clearance items
- Items marked as final sale
- Items that have been worn or used
In addition, some items have specific return requirements. For example, swimwear must have the hygiene seal intact in order to be returned.
If a customer returns an item that does not meet the return policy requirements, Kohl’s may refuse the return or charge a restocking fee.
Overall, Kohls.com’s return policy is relatively customer-friendly. However, it is important to be aware of the restrictions on returns before making a purchase.
Here are some tips for returning items to Kohls.com:
- If you have a receipt, include it with your return. This will help to expedite the processing of your return.
- You can still return your items if you do not have a receipt. However, you may receive a store credit instead of a refund.
- Pack your items carefully and securely. Kohl’s is not responsible for damaged or lost items during shipping.
- Include a return form with your package. You can download a return form from the Kohls.com website.
- Ship your return package to the address provided on the return form.
Kohl’s typically processes returns within 7-10 business days of receiving the package. You will receive a confirmation email once your return has been processed.
What Is Kohl's In-Store Return Policy?
Items purchased in-store must also be returned to a Kohl’s store. We are unable to process mail returns for in-store purchases. Please visit Customer Service with your original receipt to receive a refund or an even exchange.
A Kohl’s Merchandise Credit, cash or a Corporate Refund will be issued for purchases made by a check. Items returned with a Gift Receipt will receive a Kohl’s Merchandise Credit or eligible for an even exchange.
What Is Kohl's Electronic Return Policy?
- Premium electronics and watches must be returned within 30 days of purchase with the original packaging and a valid receipt or account lookup. When returning any premium electronic devices, please be sure to remove any personal data or information that may be stored on the device.
Sephora at Kohl’s Return Policy
Sephora at Kohl’s purchases must be returned in new or gently used condition within 60 days from date of purchase and with a valid receipt or account/tender lookup. Returns are accepted at any Kohl’s store location.
- Beauty Purchases (Including Sephora at Kohl’s or Wellness Market), which must be in new or in gently used condition, must be returned within 60 days from the date of purchase.
Returning Items Delivered by Freight
Unfortunately, we are unable to process returns at Kohl’s stores for large items that were delivered by freight. To return freight items:
- Follow the directions on the stop sign printed near the bottom of your order invoice.
- Shipping costs and surcharges will not be refunded.
- A 15% restocking fee will be charged. Items returned because they are defective will not incur a restocking fee.
How to Return a Kohl’s Certified Partner Product
- Every product comes with a return shipping label.
- Repackage the product and tape the return label securely.
- Drop off your return at your nearest 3rd party shipping location.
Kohl’s Certified Partner products can also be returned to your local Kohl’s store with the original packing slip from your order.
Every Kohl’s Certified Product is backed by our Hassle-Free Returns policy. If you have any questions or concerns, contact us at 855-564-5705.
What Is Kohl’s Special Holiday Return Policy?
Premium electronics purchased between November 1st – December 25th may be returned through January 31st in original packaging with a valid receipt or account lookup.
How to Return an Online Order to a Kohl’s Store
Bringing your item(s) to a Kohl’s store is the quickest and easiest way to receive a refund or credit. Before visiting your local Kohl’s store, be sure to locate the order invoice for the return merchandise. You can print off a copy of the order invoice by visiting Order History when logged into your Kohls.com shopping account.
How to Return an Online Order by Mail
When returning merchandise that was purchased on Kohls.com, any shipping costs/surcharge paid on the order are not refunded. A refund will only be applied for the amount paid for the merchandise.
To return items by mail, follow these 3 easy steps:
Log into your Kohls.com shopping account and print your Order Invoice.
Place the items carefully inside a box, along with the completed Return Form included
Send your package back using the address provided on the Return Form.
- Include tags for all items. Items should not be worn or used.
- Kohl’s does not pay for any return shipping costs.
- A refund will be processed in an average of 7-10 days after the items have been received.
What Is Kohl’s Returns policy Without a Receipt?
Our stores may be able to help locate the original purchase to process a refund. If we are unable to locate your purchase, you may still return the items as a non-receipted return. You will receive a Kohl’s Merchandise Credit based on the lowest discounted 13-week sale price for the item(s) you are returning. Additional processing may be required. We may ask for a valid ID, so please have one handy just in case.
Does Kohl’s Use A Return Verification System?
Yes, Kohl’s uses a return verification system to help prevent fraud and abuse. The system checks a variety of factors, including:
- The customer’s return history.
- The type and value of the items being returned.
- The frequency of the customer’s returns.
- Whether the customer has returned items without receipts or in poor condition.
If the system flags a return as suspicious, Kohl’s may investigate further or deny the return.
Kohl’s return verification system is designed to protect the company from fraudulent returns, which can cost the company millions of dollars each year. It also helps to ensure that customers who return items in good faith are able to do so quickly and easily.
Here are some tips for customers to avoid having their returns rejected at Kohl’s:
- Have your receipt or Kohl’s account number handy.
- Return items in good condition, with all tags attached.
- Avoid returning items too frequently.
- If you are returning an item that is damaged or defective, explain the problem to the customer service representative.
If you have any questions about Kohl’s return policy or verification system, contact customer service for assistance.
Important Information Regarding Returns
- Your refund will post to the original credit card used at time of purchase. Please allow up to 7 days to receive this refund back to your account. This processing timeframe may vary by your financial institution.
- A Kohl’s Merchandise Credit can be issued instead of a credit back to your account. Please let an associate know if this is your preferred form of refund.
- Purchases made in-store, must be returned to a Kohl’s store location and are unable to be returned via mail. Please return these items to the Customer Service Desk.
The following brands are premium electronics and aren’t eligible for promotional offers and discounts. These items are also subject to our Premium Electronics Return Policy. These items must be returned within 30 days of the original purchase with original packaging and a valid receipt or account lookup.
|2XL by Skullcandy||Electronic Arts||Lifeproof||Riptunes|
|3D Deco Light||Emtec||LiftBoard||Roku|
|3D Robotics||EP Memory||Linksys||Royal Consumer|
|Altec Lansing||Fujifilm||Merge||Sharper Image|
|Amazon||Gaiam||Merkury Innovations||Simply Vera Vera Wang|
|AP Global INC||GE||Mimoco||Sky Viper|
|Arlo||Monster Mounts||Smart Gear|
|AwoX||Hisense||National JLR Gear||Sports Tracker|
|Case Logic||Innovative Technology||Olympus||TP-Link|
|Casio||Insteon||Opportunity Buys||Trident Case|
|CEL||Interworks||Oregon Scientific||Turtle Beach|
|Chargeworx||ION Audio||Ovivo||Ultimate Ears|
|COKeM||Jack of All Games||Paramount||Universal|
|CTA Digital||Jetson||Pivothead||VuPoint Solutions|
|CyberPowerPC||Jordan Carlyle||Polaroid||Western Digital|
|DXG Technology USA||Lego||RCA||Zeiss|