Amazon Physical Store Return Policy
Does Amazon has a customer-friendly return policy for items purchased at their physical stores?
Yes! Customers can return most items within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. Items must be in new and unused condition, with all original packaging and accessories included. Items that are not eligible for return include products that are classified as hazardous materials or use flammable liquids or gases, as well as products that are sexually explicit or contain violence. Additionally, items that are returned after 30 days or are not in new and unused condition may be subject to a reduced refund or no refund at all. Customers can initiate a return by visiting the store where the item was purchased or by contacting customer service.
Physical Store Returns Policy
Items purchased at an Amazon Physical Store can be returned within 30 days for a full refund, subject to our other listed return guidelines.
- Gift Cards are not returnable (except as required by law).
- Magazines are not returnable.
- Grocery items and alcohol are not returnable to Amazon but may be refunded or replaced.
- Gift recipients can return a gift with a gift receipt. Contact Us or visit the nearest Amazon Books or Amazon 4-Star to return your item.
- Some returns made in-store may be refunded as a Gift Card. See an in-store associate for more details.
How To Return an Item
If you purchased an item from Amazon Books, Amazon 4-star, or Amazon Pop Up:
- Gather your items and the original product packaging.
- Locate your receipt (email or paper), which includes your order number.
- Take your item to the designated store. You can find the address on your receipt or by going to: https://www.amazon.com/stores.
Note: If you received an email receipt, or if the item you purchased appears in Your Orders, you have the option to return the item by mail. To return by mail, Contact Us to receive a mailing label. If the item doesn’t appear in Your Orders, you’ll only be able to return the item in the store. If you purchased an item from Amazon Go or Amazon Go Grocery: Visit Returning an Amazon Go or Amazon Go Grocery Item. Note: If you’ve paid for an item with cash or SNAP EBT benefits, return to the store where the item was purchased with your receipt. If you purchased an item from Amazon.com:
- Start your return in our Online Return Center.
- If an item is eligible for return to an Amazon Books, Amazon 4-Star, or Amazon Pop Up, you will have the option to select Amazon In-Store Drop off.
- If an item is eligible for return but cannot be returned to an Amazon Books, Amazon 4-Star, or Amazon Pop Up, you will be presented with other return options.
Note: Amazon Physical Stores may not be able to accept in-store returns for certain items you purchased from Amazon.com (for example, items greater than a certain size or that don’t meet safe-to-ship standards). For additional information on Amazon.com returns, see our Returns Policy.
What is Amazon Physical Store Holiday Returns Policy?
Items purchased at an Amazon Books, Amazon 4-star, or Amazon Pop-Up store location between November 1 and December 31 ,may be returned until January 31 of the following year for a full refund, subject to our other return guidelines listed above.