b&h Return Policy
B&H carries an extensive inventory of pre-owned photo, video, and audio equipment. You may purchase used items online, by phone, or in person at our NYC SuperStore.
Every used item we stock carries a 90-day Parts and Labor warranty.
What is b&h Return Policy & Instructions?
Easy 30-Day Return Policy
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase for any reason, you may return it to B&H within 30 days of the delivery date, subject to the conditions and exclusions below. You may initiate a return or exchange online, by phone, or via Live Chat.
If your original item included free items, you must return all associated items for a full refund; the retail value of any free items you keep will be deducted from your reimbursement total.
Return an Item in Person
You may return an item to our Returns Department at our New York Superstore. Our Returns Department is located on 34th Street, around the corner from the SuperStore’s main entrance.
Log in to the website’s My Account/My Orders section, filter by Eligible for Return, and locate your order details. Select Start a Return. Log In to Locate Your Order
You can look up a single order or quote submitted by phone, chat, in-store, or online as a guest. Guest Order Lookup
Fill out the online Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) Request to get the process started.
Replace item(s) and invoice in the original manufacturer’s packaging and affix return labels securely.
We recommend you ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. We cannot be held responsible for lost packages. Return shipping fees are the responsibility of the customer.
Attn: Return Department
B&H Photo Video Inc.
400 Cedar Lane Unit 78
Florence, NJ 08518-2899
Please read the conditions below. If all conditions are not met, B&H reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a minimum 15% restocking fee. All returned items must be in new condition, in their original unaltered box (including an intact UPC), and include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, accompanying free items, and accessories. The retail value of any free items you keep will be deducted from your reimbursement total. B&H can only refund the original purchase price. Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable.
- Opened TVs, combos and monitors 37″ and larger — original packaging cannot be unsealed
- Opened computers and computer software — original packaging cannot be unsealed
- Electronic software downloads
- Opened consumable items (e.g., film, tapes, paper, bulbs, CD, DVDs, ink cartridges, etc.)
- Any computers built or modified by B&H to customer specifications
- Select special-order merchandise, or any item indicated on the website as nonreturnable
- Underwater equipment that has been submerged
- Opened or unwrapped educational tapes and books
Defective or Damaged Items
Defective items may be repaired, exchanged or refunded at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer’s equivalent model.
Please allow 3-5 business days for mail-in exchanges to be processed.
Refunds & Credits
Once we receive and inspect your item(s), we will credit your account. Please allow 5-7 days for a credit to appear on your account. In most cases, we will issue your refund the same way you made the original purchase. If payment were made by check, the refund check would be issued no sooner than ten business days after the date of purchase. Please note: we can only refund the original purchase price. Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable.
B&H is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise. B&H is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only. Also, claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within two business days of receipt of merchandise.
Please note: any electronics containing user profile data must be either factory reset or password unlocked before sending back to B&H for return.
What is b&h Return Policy Used Returns & Warranty?
Suppose you are dissatisfied with a Used equipment purchase for any reason. In that case, you may return your merchandise to B&H within 30 days of the purchase date (after receiving an RMA), subject to the conditions and exclusions below:
- All returned merchandise must be in the same condition as sold, with all included accessories. If the condition differs, we reserve the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee of 15%.
- We are not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- We are not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.
- Claims for damaged or missing items must be received within two business days of receipt of merchandise.
Refunds & Credits
You can exchange an item or receive a refund for the full amount of the original purchase price within the allowed return period. In most cases, we will issue your refund to the same payment method used for the original purchase. If payment were made by credit card, we would credit your account once we receive the product. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, the refund check would be issued no sooner than ten business days after the date of purchase.
How to return or exchange a used item:
- Call our Customer Service department at 800.963.2525 or 212.239.7534 or open a Live Chat to obtain an RMA number.
- Place the original package into a shipping carton. Include the invoice and the reason for the return. If defective, please specify the defect.
- Secure your return label to the package or clearly write the RMA number on the outer box. Ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. (Return shipping charges are the customer’s responsibility, and we are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.)
You may return an item in person to the side entrance of our NYC SuperStore located at:
366 West 34th Street (between 8th and 9th Avenues)
New York, NY 10001
For more information about buying or selling Used equipment, visit our Used Department Online HQ.