Homedepot Return Policy
This is an easy way to view how easy or hard it is to make a Return!
Return Ease Factor
Return Policy Guide
Return Policy Guide
Everything You Need to Know.
As one of the largest home improvement retailers in the world, Home Depot is known for offering a wide variety of products and services to customers. However, what happens if you’re not completely satisfied with your purchase? That’s where Home Depot’s return policy comes in.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at Home Depot’s return policy, including the key details you need to know so that you can shop with confidence.
You can return special order items within 90 days of purchase but may be subject to a restocking fee of 15% of the purchase price, but it can vary depending on the item.
Home Depot's Generous Return Policy Will Put Your Mind At Ease
What is Home Depot's return policy with a receipt?
- Most new, unopened merchandise sold by The Home Depot can be returned within 90 days of purchase.
If your purchase was made with
- The Home Depot Consumer Credit Card
- The Home Depot Commercial Revolving Charge
- The Home Depot Commercial Account
You will have 365 days from the date of purchase to receive a full refund.
Home Depot Online Return Policy
- We require a valid driver’s license or government-issued photo identification for non-receipted returns and returns generated from purchases made with Store Credits. The Home Depot uses a third-party refund verification system. All returns are subject to verification system approval.
- Customer support is also available to help get your UPS return started and is available to help schedule pick up of your return items for your convenience. Call us for assistance at 1-800-455-3869.
The Home Depot Return Policy Exceptions
The following items may only be returned within 30 days of purchase:
- Area Rugs
- Gas Powered Equipment and Tractors
- Generators (other than Whole House and Stationary Generators)
- Consumer Electronics (Televisions & Computers)