Autozone Return Policy
This is an easy way to view how easy or hard it is to make a Return!
Return Ease Factor
AutoZone’s return policy typically allows for returns within 90 days of purchase with a receipt and in unused, original packaging. Some items may have different return time frames or restrictions, and core fees can be refunded by returning the old part.
Refunds are generally issued to the original payment method with a receipt, while returns without a receipt may result in store credit or exchange.
Warranty coverage is available on many products, but specific policies can vary by location and product type.
Return Policy Guide
Return Policy Guide
What is Autozone In-store Return Policy?
To return a product to an AutoZone store, return an item in its original condition and packaging, with receipt, within 90 days of the purchase date to request a refund. Return a defective item within the warranty period. Requests for refunds may be denied if the item has been used or installed.
AutoZone reserves the right to require a valid government-issued photo ID for all returns that will be recorded at the time of the return. Information from you ID will be retained in a company-wide database of customer return activity that AutoZone accepts the following IDs for returns: U.S. or Canadian Driver’s License, U.S. State ID, Canadian Province ID, U.S. Military ID, Mexican Voter Registration Card, Passport, U.S. Laser Visa.
If you are returning an item(s) and you no longer have the receipt(s), contact AutoZone Customer Support at 800.288.6966 to request the transaction information for your order. The customer service representative will also explain the process for returning your item(s) to the nearest AutoZone store.
Can I make a return at AUTOZONE without a receipt?
- If you are returning an item(s) and you no longer have the receipt(s), contact AutoZone Customer Support at 800.288.6966 to request the transaction information for your order.
- The customer service representative will also explain the process for returning your item(s) to the nearest AutoZone store.
What About Gift Cards Return Policy?
- All gift card sales are final and gift cards cannot be returned.
What About A Product Return To autozone.com's Fulfillment Center
To return a product to AutoZone.com, first drain all fluids, if any, from the product.* Then fill out the Return Form (Section B of your shipping invoice) and include it with the product in its original packaging and/or box.
- If you are shipping from the United States and if either (i) AutoZone.com made a shipping error or (ii) the product was defective when shipped from AutoZone.com’s Fulfillment Center, contact AutoZone Customer Support at 800.288.6966 to request a return shipping label. Upon receipt of the shipping label, re-package the item(s) and attach the shipping label to the packaging for shipment back to the AutoZone Fulfillment Center.
- If you are shipping from overseas or a U.S. Territory and if (i) AutoZone.com made a shipping error or (ii) the product was defective when shipped from AutoZone.com’s Fulfillment Center, ship items back to AutoZone’s Fulfillment Center using the most economical means available. Include with your package, a copy of the receipt for your shipping charges. Upon receiving your returned item(s), AutoZone will process your return and reimburse you for your return shipping charges by issuing a check for the shipping dollar amount as it appears on the carrier’s pre-printed label and receipt.
- Otherwise, AutoZone recommends using a carrier that provides package tracking to ensure your product gets back to AutoZone.com safely and quickly. Your credit card will be credited for the full price of the product.
- In all cases listed above, you are responsible for verifying and complying with the proper shipment requirements of the carrier.
NOT ALL PRODUCTS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR RETURNS. ALL SALES OF CUSTOMIZED ITEMS ARE FINAL AND NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RETURNS. SEE THE AUTOZONE STORE’S IN-STORE RETURN POLICY FOR OTHER RESTRICTIONS.
What About Core Returns To An Autozone Store?
- To return your product core to an AutoZone store, simply take the core and your receipt to any AutoZone store.
- You must drain all fluids, if any, out of the part before returning it.
- If you have the box in which the new product was shipped, please use it to return the core.
- If you take the credit card used to purchase the new product, the store will immediately credit your credit card for the value of the returned core.
- All returns to an AutoZone store are subject to the in-store return policy.
What Is The Core Returns To Autozone.com's Fulfillment Center?
- To return your product core to AutoZone.com’s Fulfillment Center for credit, first drain all fluids, if any, from the product.
- Then fill out the Return Form (Section B of your shipping invoice) and include it with the product in the box in which your order was sent.
- Place the return shipping label on the outside of the box and ship it. You are responsible for verifying and complying with the proper shipment requirements of the carrier.
- AutoZone recommends using a carrier that provides package tracking to ensure your product gets back to AutoZone.com safely and quickly.
- You will not be reimbursed for shipping costs incurred in shipping the core to AutoZone.com’s Fulfillment Center.
- The credit card used for the purchase of the product giving rise to the core return will be credited with the core’s value after inspection.
- Your shipment or other return of any core or other product to AutoZone is considered a transfer of ownership, and AutoZone will be unable to return the core or other product to you.
*Please recycle or properly dispose of all fluids drained from returned parts. The parts must be free of all flammable and hazardous fluids before shipment. Many AutoZone stores have a free recycling program. If you do not live near an AutoZone store or the AutoZone in your area does not have a recycling program, contact your local recycling agency for instructions on proper disposal.