Walmart Return Policy
This is an easy way to view how easy or hard it is to make a Return!
Return Ease Factor
Return Policy Guide
Return Policy Guide
You have 90 days after purchase to exchange or return unless noted in our exceptions. You can return items in-store, for free by mail, or via a scheduled pickup from your home.” As of March 2021, most Walmart stores resumed their standard return policy in most states.
In-Store Return Policy
- Items purchased at a Walmart store can only be returned in-store. Items purchased online from Walmart.com may be returned in-store or by mail.
- Have a Walmart account? You can upload your paper receipt to your Walmart app to make the in-store return process easier.
- To return an item in-store:
- If you have a Walmart account, begin your return in the Walmart app or in your account history on Walmart.com.
- Select the item(s) you’d like to return and a reason for the return.
- Choose “Return to store” to get a return barcode.
- Review the return refund summary and submit your return.
- Check your email for confirmation. Bring this confirmation email with you to the store along with your item.
- To return an item in-store:
What If I Don’t Have A Walmart account?
- Have your receipt or order number handy.
- Start your in-store return online using our easy returns process.
- Select whether you have an in-store or online purchase.
- Follow a few easy steps.
Before coming to the store to begin your return, please remember to bring the following:
- The item(s) you’d like to exchange or return, including all original packaging and accessories.
- Any receipts for those items, if available.
If you prefer not to start your return digitally, bring the item(s) you’d like to exchange or return, including all original packaging and accessories, as well as your receipt to the customer service desk at your local Walmart store.
If you are returning your item to Walmart using mail services, click on ‘My Account‘ > ‘Track Orders‘ > ‘View Details‘ – then click ‘Start a Return‘ and from here you will be able to obtain a free return label.
Then simply package the item in the original packaging and mail it as per the instructions on the site.
Once the item has been processed by Walmart at their returns facility a refund will be issued. You can return the items purchased online in-store with the original packaging.
What Is Walmart Holiday policy?
Most electronics purchased from October 16 – December 25 begin the 30-day return period on December 26. Post-paid wireless phones purchased in-store have a 14 day return period from the date of purchase. Post-paid wireless phones purchased from Walmart.com may be returned within 14 days of delivery.
What Is Walmart Return Policy that are Not Available for Return?
- Electronically fulfilled PINs or minutes for prepaid cellular devices
- Video Game download cards
- eDelivery software
- Personal Intimate Massagers (includes opened and unopened items)
Walmart Return Policy on Firearms
Sales of the following items are final and may not be returned
- All Firearms, Ammunition, and Pepper Spray
- Air Guns/BB Guns
What Is Walmart Return Policy on Home and Garden?
Must be returned within 90 days unless listed below:
- Air conditioners, Dehumidifiers, and Evaporative Coolers – return within 30 days accompanied by the original invoice or receipt
- Gas Powered Mini Bikes, Go Karts, Dirt Bikes, UTVs and ATVs – Non-Returnable. All gas-powered items are final sale
- Lawnmowers, line trimmers, hedge trimmers, chainsaws, compressors – return within 90 days and accompanied by the original receipt. They also must be completely emptied of any flammable liquid (gas, oil) before being returned to a store
- Airbeds/Air Mattresses – return within 90 days in the original, unopened/unused packaging for a refund (product exhange available if item is opened/used)
- Mattresses – return within 90 days in the original, unopened/unused packaging may be returned to a store.
- Oversized Furniture and Outdoor Play – return within 90 days by freight shipping. Under some circumstances, you may be charged for return shipping.
Plants (includes shrubs, bulbs, annuals, perennials, foliage and trees) – 1 year satisfaction guarantee on all live goods purchased on Walmart.com sold by Walmart.com for full refund.
- Pressure washers and generators – return within 30 days and accompanied by the original receipt. They also must be completely emptied of any flammable liquid (gas, oil) before being returned to a store
What Is Walmart Return Policy Without Receipt?
You’re ready to return your item back to Walmart but can’t find your receipt. Can you still return items to Walmart without a receipt? Here is what you need to know.
Can I return an item to Walmart without a receipt?
Yes! You may return most products to Walmart without a receipt within 90 days of purchase. You must have a valid ID, and it helps to have the original packaging when getting a refund without a receipt.
Show Walmart your valid, government-issued photo ID. If your ID information matches the one stored in Walmart’s secure database, your return will be accepted.
You can then choose to do one of the following:
- Exchange the item with another item
- Get a cash refund if the returned item is less than $10
- Get a Walmart shopping card or gift card if the returned item is equal to or more than $10
- If available, send the item to the manufacturer for repair
How Do I Return An Item Without a Receipt At Walmart?
What Type Of Payment Will I Recieve?
Returns made without a receipt using your card are refunded to your original method of payment. If you didn’t use a card, you may choose to exchange the item or accept store credit in the form of a Walmart gift card.
Debit or Credit Card
- Debit and credit card refunds will be available in up to 10 business days to get your refund.
- If your purchase was made using a debit or credit card, any refund is issued to that same card. If the original card is not present and is not available by scanning the receipt, your refund is processed onto a Walmart shopping card or gift card.
- If your purchase was a debit transaction, the refund is placed back on the debit card, if available, or cash can be provided.
Walmart has the right to accept or refuse a return. Walmart generally accepts all returns.
Walmart Electronics Return Policy
Must be returned within 14 days with a receipt to obtain a refund or exchange:
- Prepaid wireless cellular phones may be returned in undamaged condition to any store.
- Most postpaid (contract) cellular phones may only be returned to the original store of purchase in undamaged condition. Other contractually specified requirements may apply.
- When returned with a receipt, opened or used, unlocked wireless phones may only be exchanged for another item of equal or greater value.
A List For Walmart Electronics Return Policy
Electronics must be returned within 30 days.
Including but not limited to:
- 3D printers
- 3D printing supplies and products
- Audio systems
- Computers, laptops, and computer hardware/software
- Camcorders and digital cameras
- Digital music players
- Electric bicycles and scooters
- GPS units
- Portable video players
- Printers (3D printer policy above)
- Radio-controlled vehicles
- Smart watches and activity trackers
- Tablets, e-tablets, and e-readers
- Video game hardware
Does Walmart uses a Return Verification system on Returns?
Yes, Walmart’s Return Policy uses a Return Verification system to help ensure that returns are processed accurately and fairly. This system uses a variety of factors to verify returns, including:
- Proof of purchase: Walmart may require customers to provide proof of purchase, such as a receipt, packing slip, or order confirmation email, in order to process a return.
- Item condition: Walmart only accepts returns for items that are in original, saleable condition with all original tags attached.
- Item eligibility: Walmart has a list of items that are not eligible for return, such as gift cards, food, and certain types of furniture and electronics.
If a customer returns an item that does not meet Walmart’s return requirements, the Return Verification system may flag the return for further review. In some cases, Walmart may refuse to process the return or may issue a partial refund.
Walmart’s Return Verification system is designed to protect both customers and the company. It helps to ensure that customers are only able to return items that they are entitled to return, and it helps to prevent the company from being defrauded.
Here are some specific examples of how Walmart’s Return Verification system may be used:
- If a customer returns an item without a receipt, the system may use the customer’s credit card information to verify the purchase.
- If a customer returns an item that is damaged or missing tags, the system may flag the return for further review.
- If a customer returns an item that is not eligible for return, the system may automatically deny the return.
Overall, Walmart’s Return Verification system is a valuable tool that helps to ensure that the company’s return policy is being enforced fairly and accurately.
It is important to note that Walmart’s Return Verification system is not always perfect. There have been reports of customers having their returns denied even when they met all of the requirements. However, the system is generally effective and helps to prevent fraud and abuse.