Walmart Online Return Policy
Walmart wants to make it’s return the easiest one you’ll every need to make.
Walmart looked at their return policies and processes in time for the holiday return season, and Walmarts new service, Carrier Pickup by FedEx allows customers to return items purchased online* (shipped and sold by Walmart.com). Super-easy, free, and here to stay is the new Walmart way.
Walmart Online Returns made it easy for customers who don’t have access to a printer to return items as well.
While creating a return request on the Walmart App or Walmart.com simply:
- Select “Drop off at FedEx” as the return method
- Get a return code / QR code
- Take packaged return along with the QR code to any FedEx Office location.
- A FedEx associate will scan the QR code, print a free return label, attach it to the box and ship it back to Walmart.
Walmart made a few changes to its in-store returns while still keeping normal, extended holiday return policy in effect. That includes:
- No matter where customers bought items – in-store, online or from a third-party vendor, customers can start their return online via the Walmart app or on Walmart.com. If customers don’t have a Walmart account, they can also type or click www.walmart.com/startreturn to save time in line and make returning at the store quick and easy.
- In many stores, they will open an alternate location(s) within the store to make returns and help maintain social distancing guidelines.
- Can’t find the receipt? No problem! If a customer has purchased an item with a debit/credit card in-store, we can look up the purchase at the register.
Is It Quicker Now To Receive My Money?
No matter how customers choose to return the item, we’ve worked hard to speed up the time frame for which customers get their money back.
When Do I Get My Money?
For many online returns, refunds will be credited to customers’ payment account sometimes as soon as the next day, and same day for in-store returns.
Final Words From Walmart.
Don’t worry – these returned items aren’t all going to waste. Since December 2019, we have diverted more than 100,000 tons of returned merchandise and enterprise assets from the landfill through our donation, product liquidation and numerous recycling programs. With various recycling programs in place this year, we have been able to produce ~1.9 million pounds of recycled plastic resin, which will be reused in the manufacturing of 9.2+ million products that will be sold in our stores. Who knew reverse logistics could be so impactful!
The holidays are stressful enough. No matter how customers buy items, we want the returns experience to be easy, safe and seamless. We’re proud of the changes we’re making to take some of the stress – and those unwanted Christmas sweaters – off our customers’ backs.
*Carrier Pickup available to all customers where FedEx provides Small Parcel Pickup service.